Legal Support For Going To Court On Your Own
More and more people are choosing a pro se divorce, which means you represent yourself. If the issues are straightforward or you and your soon-to-be-ex are mostly in agreement, you may not need or want the expense of having an attorney by your side in court. But there are protocols for legal documents and you need to “have your ducks in a row.”
D'Angelo & Grabow, LLP provides unbundled family law services, including assisting with an uncontested divorce or legal counsel for pro se litigants.
The Uncontested Divorce
Perhaps you and your spouse have few assets to fight over or you have already hashed out the broad strokes of a divorce settlement. D'Angelo & Grabow, LLP can help you obtain a dissolution of marriage as quickly and economically as possible. The role of our experienced attorneys is to:
- Identify any details that are not fully resolved or that would raise a red flag with the judge
- Put your kitchen table agreement into the appropriate legalese
- Make sure your dissolution of marriage is filed properly, including any additional affidavits or addendums the court may require
Support For Pro Se Divorce Or Family Court Hearings
It may not be wise to represent yourself in a high-conflict or complex legal proceeding. But in many situations, it simply is not necessary to pay an attorney to accompany you to court. Our lawyers can help you:
- Draft a custody agreement to be presented to the court
- Draft a petition for modification of a court order
- Advise you on a counteroffer in negotiations
- Anticipate questions that the judge is likely to ask you in a hearing
This limited scope representation or legal advice can give you the confidence and peace of mind to go to court on your own while controlling the costs.
Dependable Legal Guidance On Cost-Effective Terms
You are tapping into more than 40 combined years of experience between the two partners of our firm. We can help you obtain an uncontested divorce or advocate for yourself in court without the expense of full-fledged representation. Ask your questions in a free consultation. Call 262-383-2700 or email our firm.