Post-Judgment Modifications Attorneys In Waukesha, Wisconsin
Families are in considerable upheaval during divorce. Parents are forced to make difficult decisions about circumstances that are new to their family — living and raising children in two different households. It is expected and understood that the original child custody arrangements or orders will not suit the family’s needs for years to come, as the children grow. We can help you with:
- Support modifications
- Custody changes (decision-making rights)
- Placement arrangements
If you are unsure about how to proceed, call our Waukesha law office for a free, initial 30-minute consultation. You will be able to discuss your situation with an experienced family lawyer and get the big-picture questions answered.
Has Your Situation Changed?
Highly Rated And Experienced
D'Angelo & Grabow, LLP, is a small, highly regarded family law firm that serves clients throughout southeastern Wisconsin. Our family law attorneys assist clients with Wisconsin post-judgment modification of orders, including:
- Child custody
- Placement modifications
- Child support modifications
- Other post-decree modifications
We also represent clients in the enforcement of family court orders.
Embracing Change – Encouraging Stability
While the courts recognize that families and their needs change over time, it is believed that there is an inherent need for stability in the initial period following a divorce or legal separation. Thus, the following guidelines are in place:
- Wisconsin law dictates that any significant modification to a custody or physical placement order made within two years from the initial court order must be deemed necessary due to the present arrangement being emotionally or physically harmful to the children.
- After two years have lapsed, modifications can be made to child custody and/or physical placement orders if there is a substantial change in circumstances, and the change is in the best interest of the child/children.
- Financial issues, such as child support, may be modified in the event that either party has substantial changes in circumstances.
Contact Us To Speak With A Caring Attorney
If you would like to discuss your situation with an experienced and caring family law attorney at our Waukesha law firm, contact us to schedule a free initial consultation. Call us at 262-383-2700 to schedule an appointment to discuss your options, or email us today. We serve clients in Waukesha and the surrounding Wisconsin communities.