Compassion And Skilled Advocacy For Same-Sex Divorce

State and federal law has mostly caught up with same-sex marriage and same-sex divorce. Unlike the old days of civil unions or property settlement agreements, same-sex spouses are subject to the same rules and rights in divorce as their hetero counterparts.

But there can be some legal nuances, especially where children are involved. And you may simply want to know that your lawyer is well-versed in same-sex family law and comfortable advocating for your interests. D'Angelo & Grabow, LLP has represented gay and lesbian clients in same-sex divorce and related matters of custody, child support and even spousal support.

Issues In Dissolving Same-Sex Marriage

For the most part, same-sex divorce is simply a divorce. If you are generally in agreement on dividing your assets, an uncontested dissolution may be an option. If you have significant or complex property to divide, our attorneys are well-versed in high-asset and high earner divorces.

Our attorneys are strong litigators but also certified mediators. We can help you identify the key issues in your divorce and choose a positive path to resolution. We are also attuned to the unique issues that same-sex couples may face, including:

  • Property owned prior to marriage
  • Prenuptial or postnuptial agreements
  • An old settlement agreement that predated legalized marriage
  • Child custody disputes, including children born through surrogacy or one spouse who is not biologically related to the child
  • Alimony or short-term spousal support

Compassionate Guidance For Divorce And Family Law

We welcome people from all walks of life, including LGBTQ+. Our approach is to empower clients with information about the law and where they stand so that they can participate in the divorce process and make decisions that align with their goals and protect their interests. You are in good hands with our experienced and compassionate family law attorneys. To schedule a consultation, call our Waukesha law firm at 262-383-2700 or contact us online.