Relocations Attorneys in Waukesha, Wisconsin

Capable Guidance Through Relocation Matters

Child custody and physical placement decisions are determined at the time of divorce or paternity adjudication. However, at some point you or the other parent may want to move to a new home at a distance that affects your physical placement arrangement. Depending upon the distance of the move, you or the other parent, may need to adhere to formal relocation rules. Failure to do so could find you in contempt of your placement order. D'Angelo & Grabow, LLP, LLP have 30 years of combined family law experience. Our capable attorneys can evaluate your options to help you either relocate with your child or object to the other parent’s proposed move.

If you face a child placement relocation issue, call to schedule a free 30-minute initial consultation with a lawyer at our Waukesha office.

Are You Planning on Relocating?

If you are looking to move with your child more than 100 miles from the other parent whether within or outside the state of Wisconsin, there are certain actions you must take before your move. If you wish to move you must file a motion with the court seeking permission for the child’s relocation which includes information such as the date of the move, the reason for the move and, if applicable, a new placement schedule. The motion must also advise the other parent of his or her right to object to your proposed move. The attorneys at D'Angelo & Grabow, LLP, LLP can assist you with this process so you don’t miss any necessary requirements.

Put Skilled Advocacy in Your Corner

Get Started Today

How Does the Court Make a Decision?

As in all child custody and physical placement matters, the best interest of your child is the court’s foremost concern. The court will evaluate the proposed move based on a number of factors that effect the child’s best interest and the burden is on the parent seeking to move to prove the move, and any proposed change in child placement, is in the child’s best interest. Our skilled attorneys understand the nuances of the factors that play into the court’s decision-making process. We can strongly support your case in court and provide you with the best chances of a favorable resolution.

What Can I Do If I Receive a Relocation Notice?

If you receive a relocation notice you have a right to object to the proposed move or to provide an alternative child placement proposal. We can help you demonstrate that the move is detrimental to your child and fight to uphold your custodial/parental rights.

Contact Our Lawyers for Qualified Legal Counsel

Physical placement matters are some of the most emotionally charged matters during and after a divorce. Call our qualified legal team to protect your rights and act as your trusted advocates. Call us to schedule a free 30-minute initial consultation, or email us today.