If you are involved in a family conflict, you need experienced legal counsel to protect your rights. Contact D'Angelo & Grabow, LLP in Waukesha to schedule a free initial consultation with a family law lawyer.
What Are the Do’s and Don’ts I Should Know?
In a family law conflict, there are specific things you need to know:
- DO be aware that there are various ways to go about the process of a divorce or legal separation.
- DO be aware that one attorney cannot represent both parties in a family law matter.
- DO NOT alienate your children from the other parent.
- DO NOT interfere with your spouse’s relationship with your children.
- DO NOT discuss any aspect of your divorce, including the court proceedings and your spouse, with or in front of your children.
- DO NOT allow anyone else to discuss the divorce, including the court proceedings and your spouse, with or in front of your children.
- DO be aware that a legal action to end a marriage can be commenced in Wisconsin in the county of residence for either party after 30 days of residence in that county and six months of residence in this state.
- DO maintain copies of all personal records and financial documents relating to property, income and debt.
- DO be aware that anything you write whether email, text or on social media can be used against you in court.
- DO be aware that, except in rare circumstances, parties cannot be divorced until 120 days have lapsed between service of the initial papers and the final divorce hearing.
Contact D'Angelo & Grabow, LLP: A Highly Regarded Firm
The attorneys at D'Angelo & Grabow, LLP have been selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers list, which is an honor reserved for a small percentage of attorneys in each state. You can count on us and our experience to provide the highest quality of legal counsel with skill and integrity.
If you need divorce counsel in southeastern Wisconsin, do not hesitate to contact D'Angelo & Grabow, LLP in Waukesha for a free initial consultation.