Christine D' Angelo is a partner at D' Angelo & Grabow, LLP, in Waukesha, Wisconsin. She graduated from the University of Wisconsin Law School, cum laude, in 1999. She concentrates her practice in the area of family law including divorce, child custody, child placement, child support, paternity and post-judgement matters. She is also a certified Family Law Mediator and as a Collaborative Divorce practitioner. She is passionate about trying to help people transition out of a marriage in a way that is both respectful and graceful.
Attorney D'Angelo believes knowledge is power, especially when weighing choices and options in the divorce process. It is her goal to ensure her clients are making the best decisions for themselves and their families by being fully informed and educated about the issues in their case.
Christine grew up in Waukesha, the youngest of three daughters. When she entered the first grade, her mother returned to school to obtain a law degree thus inspiring Christine's career choice. She is a third-generation lawyer and spent the first 14 years of her career in a law practice with her mother.
Attorney D'Angelo is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin. She currently serves on the Board of Directors and is a Past Chair of the Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin and on the Board of Directors for the Collaborative Foundation of Wisconsin. She has also served in various capacities on the Board of Directors for the Wisconsin Justinian Society of Lawyers and was named Italian of the Year in 2009. Ms. D'Angelo previously served on the Board of Directors for the Waukesha County Bar Association, where she also served a term as President. Outside of the legal system Attorney D'Angelo was a member of the Board of Directors for the Mental Health Association in Waukesha County.
Christine D'Angelo has been selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers for the last 8 years (2011- 2018) and was named as one of the Top 25 Women Lawyers by Wisconsin Super Lawyers 5 times. She was previously selected as a Wisconsin Super Lawyers-Rising Star in 2006-2008 & 2010.
Attorney D'Angelo is AVVO Rated as “Superb” and has been selected as a Leading Lawyer, Divorce & Separation, in 2015 in M Magazine's Leading Lawyers list. AVVO selects roughly the top 2% to 5% of lawyers in each practice area for inclusion on M Magazine's Leading Lawyers list.
When not practicing law, Christine spends her time with her husband, Brad, and their two teenage children. She enjoys reading, watching TV, traveling and college sports especially the Wisconsin Badgers.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law Mediation, 2010
- Mediation Training, 2019
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Major: Political Science
- Major: French
Honors and Awards
- Italian of the Year, Wisconsin Justinian Society of Lawyers, 2009
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2006-2008, 2010
- Super Lawyers Super Lawyer, 2011-2018
- Super Lawyers Top 25 Women, 2013-2018
- M Magazine, Leading Lawyer, Divorce & Separation, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Waukesha County Bar Association, Past President, 1999 to Present
- Justinian Society of Lawyers, Secretary & Past President, 2005 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Waukesha County District Attorney's Office, Legal Intern, 06/1998 to 12/1998
Pro Bono Activities
- Waukesha County Legal Clinic Volunteer Lawyer